Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 November 2011

1 good EGG + 1 good SPERM

This should be a quick post (I always say that and then ramble on...) just to issue an update all my fellow TTC'ers and IVF'ers that are interested in the details of these processes....

All systems are GO for tomorrow morning 8am egg collection.
I am surprisingly handling everything quite well, including the needles (except for the shock of the first one that made me faint and lose consciousness in my kitchen at the horror of my DP). I have survived the nightly 2-3 injections, what a relief! Since I was on the short protocol, I did my last 3 shots last night and this morning I took the massive dose of antibiotics to prepare for the procedure.

So here's what we are dealing with: 3 mature enough eggs, and 2 smaller ones that hopefully have caught up since the last U/S. We are hoping to get as many as possible, but the truth is...we just need the 1 good one. And of course, the 1 good swimmer.

Strangely, and maybe naively of me, I am excited. I have never been excited for a surgical intervention before.

For now, all I dream for is 1 good EGG + 1 good SPERM = 1 healthy multi-cell embie  :))

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. good luck. will be thinking of you and praying all goes well!

    ReplyDelete