Total Pageviews

Friday 14 October 2011

No looking back....

Well, it has certainly been a while since my last post. This one will be brief, I don't feel very poetic lately, so it will be point-form...

Here's the update: 
1) AF showed up on CD34 boasting that it now has the record of the all-time longest cycle EVER
2) I felt like a total fool for having so much hope last cycle (I sadly should know better than that by now!)
3) Instead of crying on the toilet, went on an 8 day holiday/business trip where I drank my heart's desire only to drown my sorrows...
4) upon return from the trip, we saw our RE. It is official: 12 months of TTC and no baby! There is no doubt that we are "reproductively challenged." We are moving ahead with IVF next cycle.
5) Once again...the waiting game...waiting to menstruate (just 2 more weeks!) so we can finally start the treatment.
6) I must admit that I am a bit anxious about putting my body through such a treatment, the drugs, the injections, the hormones scare me...but I am more motivated and calm than I have ever been (even though I am usually deathly scared of needles).
7) No more BBT charting, temperature taking, OPK's and hocus-pocus recipes of vitamins and other alternative remedies! :) I am putting myself in the hands of science and the magic of the lab... :) fingers crossed.
8) it will be my 38th birthday during our first IVF cycle...I feel like it is a good omen. :)
9) If I were religious I would say prayers...but...in my case, I will just breathe deeply and wish for everything to go well.
10) DP and I have decided: 3 tries @ IVF max, if it doesn't work (it will work, I know it will work!) we move on to adoption.
11) Part of me still can't believe that we are here. IVF in front of us as the only option. BUT here we are. THIS is IT.
12) No looking back. Only forward.


Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Re #2: After nearly 5 years, I still get hopeful - every. single. cycle. I think it's just part of being human.

    Excited for you to start your IVF! Not sure if our protocols are similar at all but we'll be starting really close together. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie, Thanks sooo much for your kind post!

    I am excited to start and as you write on your blog...deathly scared as well...but it makes me feel much better knowing that there are other fellow TTC'ers going through similar journeys.
    I will be doing the short protocol (My RE said that it is recommended for women "my age"...there it is again, the age thing! Can't get used to it, it still stings every time I hear it... LOL!)
    I am now waiting for our friend AF to show, which should be in the next 3-7 days, then the first US, and then they decide if this cycle is a GO!
    Crossing my fingers for good potential follicles!
    I am excited for you as well :) Please keep posting, and I will follow your journey...I have A LOT of hope that this will work! Keep the faith, and please know you have a cycle buddy right here...
    Best!

    ReplyDelete